just a sweater

I'm wearing a hoodie from American Eagle. I didn't buy the hoodie. I've never stepped into an American Eagle. I found the multicolored, primarily burgundy hoodie in a large garbage bag in the lobby of my apartment. A yellow post it on the floor next to it, "FREE". 

I only wear the hoodie in my apartment. I imagine the awkwardness of potentially running into the original owner while having tossed it on to run to the laundry room. There's an intimacy to meeting the person whose sweater you found while rummaging through a garbage bag of discarded clothing on the floor of your lobby. 

I'm not looking for intimacy.

Just a sweater. 

Comments

  1. Oh the charms of a FREE bin!! Love. When my sister lived in New York, one of her apartments had a communal FREE bin containing mostly low-rise skinny jeans with the front pockets cut out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, the low-rise skinny jeans era. a FREE bin treasure trove!

      Delete

Post a Comment